I was playing with VMware Horizon View 5.3 and noticed that during recompose I get an error message “Refit operation resync failed”. A quick Google search points to this kb from VMware 2001021 It talks about multiple VC_CONFIG_ID values in the View Composer Database. But this KB applies only to VMware View 4.0.x to 5.0.x
I restarted the Composer Services, enabled the Pool. This time I got a different error message stating that my “test” cluster could not be found. I realized that few days ago I had changed the Cluster name.
I think the above error was triggered due to Cluster name change. Lesson learned – “Don’t make any changes to the environment without thinking it through and keep a change log, which will help you to be on top of things”.